If you’ve been thinking about listing your home on the Realtors MLS, but don’t want to spend 5% to 6% commission to a full service broker, then consider listing with a flat fee listing broker like us. Our discounted real estate service is the perfect solution for “for sale by owners” or sellers that want to save at least half the commission over traditional agents.
Where Do I Start?
- Do your research to find an online MLS listing service (like ours) and review their website to make sure it’s easy to use and a legitimate business.
- If you’re looking on your mobile phone or tablet, does it respond well to these devices? Not all websites offer a responsive website like ours. Responsive website designs make is easy to view on smaller devices.
- Review all the FAQs and read their company’s Client Reviews to see what people are saying about their service.
- Be sure to Contact them if you have questions prior to making a purchase.
Making Your Purchase
- Before you make your purchase carefully review what’s included with your listing plan, and all the options and upgrades the website offers.
- Check out their Coverage Area to be sure your state and county is covered. Some websites don’t tell you this until after you purchase.
- Make sure there are no hidden fees or extra fees on the backend or at closing. If there are, make sure they are disclosed upfront before you purchase.
After Your Purchase
- After you make your purchase check your email for a confirmation receipt and further instructions. Don’t forget to check your SPAM or Junk folder.
- Allow 1 business day to be contacted by your assigned listing broker, as they will provide you with detailed instructions to list your home on the local MLS.
- Complete the listing setup process provided by your listing broker. Some brokers use an online process, while others use .pdf files.
- Once listed on the MLS, review the listing to make sure there are no typos or errors, and make sure your contact number is correct.
We hope this overview of how to list your home on the MLS was helpful, and we’d be happy to answer any questions you mat have about listing on the MLS with a flat fee listing broker. Please Contact Us via our online form.